Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2016, 03:28 AM
Forum Newbie

Smile My views

Project management, is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements.

Project management processes fall into five groups:

Initiating
Planning
Executing
Monitoring and Controlling
Closing

Project management knowledge draws on ten areas:

Integration
Scope
Time
Cost
Quality
Procurement
Human resources
Communications
Risk management
Stakeholder management
Old 11-18-2016, 05:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Here are my views

Project management is the application of processes, methods, knowledge, skills and experience to achieve the project objectives.

The core components of project management are:
  • defining the reason why a project is necessary;
  • capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales;
  • preparing a business case to justify the investment;

Marketing Manager
[URL="http://www.proofhub.com"]ProofHub[/URL]
Old 12-15-2016, 02:44 AM
Project Hobbyist

Project Management

Project Management is a Process where MNC companies hire project managers to initiate the task, planning the project, executing project, controlling projects, and closing the project in an accurate time

To get trained at best [URL="https://proventuresindia.com/pmp-certification-training-hyderabad-india"]pmp training in hyderabad[/URL] and certified today.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Project management processes fall into five groups:
Initiating
Planning
Executing
Monitoring and Controlling
Closing
Project management knowledge draws on ten areas:
Integration
Scope
Time
Cost
Quality
Procurement
Human resources
Communications
Risk management
Stakeholder management
Old 10-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Forum Newbie

PMP Certification in Abu Dhabi

Attend The PMP Certification in Abu Dhabi From ExcelR. Practical PMP Certification in Abu Dhabi Sessions With Assured Placement Support From Experienced Faculty. ExcelR Offers The PMP Certification in Abu Dhabi.

[URL="https://www.excelr.com/pmp-training-in-abu-dhabi-united-arab-emirates"]ExcelR PMP Certification in Abu Dhabi[/URL]
Old 11-14-2019, 01:13 PM
Forum Newbie

Projects in IT

I work for a MSP and wanted clarification on what I actually do, project vs operations. My title form them is project manager but I think I do more operations than anything.

Clients upgrade their network and servers all the time and call on us to do the work. So based on some definitions I read between operations and projects, would this be operational for the client and project for us, the MSP, even though we manage their IT? Or is it technically operational for the MSP as well?

I manage these upgrades as projects as the upgrade and replacement is only temporary and then goes into operations but I don't want to get audited when I go for the PMP and have them say, nope these aren't projects.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 03-05-2024, 01:59 AM
Project Hobbyist

Project Management Meaning

Certainly! Project Management involves planning, organizing, and overseeing tasks to achieve specific goals efficiently. It's about optimizing resources, managing timelines, and ensuring successful project completion. There are various methodologies like Agile or Waterfall. To start, explore online resources or consider introductory courses. Feel free to ask specific questions, and the community is here to help you navigate the exciting world of Project Management! Welcome aboard!