Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Project Hobbyist

Is Reading The Pmbok Guide Enough To Pass The PMP Exam?

Reading the PMBOK Guide is very boring!

Added to this, reading the PMBOK guide is not easy. It is very dry, boring, and difficult to read after a couple of pages… No wonder it is called the best “sleeping pill” by many PMP aspirants… When you begin reading the PMBOK guide, everything seems pretty simple, and easy to understand. But remember, the exam is not as straight forward as it may seem.

The PMP Exam is Tricky…

The problem only appears when you see mock PMP questions on the topic you just read, and then you realise that most PMP questions are situational. The PMBOK guide does not prepare you for such kind of questions. It just gives you the theory, facts behind each process. But how they fit with each other, how the overall process works, and how to apply the information to PMP questions is completely missing.

Continue Reading from Original Source [URL="http://www.pmchamp.com/is-reading-the-pmbok-guide-enough-to-pass-the-pmp-exam/"]Is reading the PMBOK Guide enough to pass the PMP Exam? [/URL]
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 AM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Jashandeep_biz
I do agree man.Reading a book is not enough to crack the exam .I will suggest you to meet those who have already crack the exams.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Forum Newbie

Great article

Vinai
That’s a great post!. I just passed the PMP recently (August of 2011) on my first attempt. I have to say that a focused approach like you suggest is the only way to ensure success. I was inspired by my journey for the PMP to create a blog about my experience. I think that more articles like yours here would be helpful as a lot of information out there points people to "Quick Fix" solutions for obtaining the PMP. I really admire your focused and concise approach. My blog about my experience is at [url]http://www.thepreparedpm.com/a-step-by-step-plan-for-passing-the-pmp-exam-from-pmi/[/url].
Thanks for giving back to the profession.
Midi Park