Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 AM
Forum Newbie

project reporting

other than scope, schedule and cost, what statistics would you put in your project report?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Administrator

I think your question is best answered if you first consider what information your management needs to properly analyze the project and make effective decisions.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Forum Newbie

management does not really care as long as things does not blow up
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Then send them a one page report that says, "All is well".

By "management", I was referring to the folks who are actually managing the project, not necessarily the stakeholders who own the project. Those folks are usually just interested in the bottom line.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Quote from pm15127 View Post:
other than scope, schedule and cost, what statistics would you put in your project report?
If management doesn’t care, why bother giving a report at all? Finding out what is expected, what incremental and final goals are and what the results would be for delays is somewhat critical.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Hi
I want to find a cheap server/web host so that I can allow the exchange of project information. My group has 5 people and we need to upload files of progress on a regular basis. What is your suggestion on how to do this smart and cheap?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Forum Newbie

@pm15127,

Here's an excellent article on [URL="http://www.pmhut.com/how-to-report-status-on-a-project"]how to report status on a project[/URL].

The article presents the basis for a solid template on project reporting, it is up to you to write the template based on this article!
Old 12-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Forum Newbie

This is a very informative article. In progress reporting, consider everybody as an idiot, most of them only looks at the bottom line, the big picture, and only a few look into the details. It's one of the joys of being a Planning Engineer, you meticulously see what only most of the people don't.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Standard Traffic Light System reporting for Steering Comitees work well (Project is Green/Yellow /Red. Percent Completion breakdown for overall Major Project Task. (ie. Business Process work 45% Complete). Project Execution for Super Users example John Doe 30% complete on assigned Project Task.

Last edited by pmkb; 01-04-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Forum Newbie

Quote from diamanteprojects View Post:
Standard Traffic Light System reporting for Steering Comitees work well (Project is Green/Yellow /Red. Percent Completion breakdown for overall Major Project Task. (ie. Business Process work 45% Complete). Project Execution for Super Users example John Doe 30% complete on assigned Project Task.
Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

Rgs