Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Forum Newbie

Managing remote teams - looking for input

Hi all, I'm working on two articles about managing remote developers and am looking for input from project managers with experience managing remote/virtual teams.

1. What do you wish someone had told you about managing remote teams?

2. Did anything surprise you about working with remote teams? If so, what?

3. What countries do you prefer when hiring remote developers and why?

Any input will be helpful and if input is used, we'll cite/quote you in the article (unless you express otherwise). Thanks!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Quote from Baelbu View Post:
Hi all, I'm working on two articles about managing remote developers and am looking for input from project managers with experience managing remote/virtual teams.

1. What do you wish someone had told you about managing remote teams?

2. Did anything surprise you about working with remote teams? If so, what?

3. What countries do you prefer when hiring remote developers and why?

Any input will be helpful and if input is used, we'll cite/quote you in the article (unless you express otherwise). Thanks!
1. While managing remote teams, you being a PM will be a major person to sacrifice because of virtual setup.

2. I did not event think that I will be caring of Lunch times while setting up a status meetings.

3. No personal choice, but will weight people with calm and understanding cultures.

Regards,
[URL="http://waqarhussain.net/blog/"]Waqar Hussain[/URL]
Old 06-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Forum Newbie

Project Manager

Project managers’ main responsibilities are planning, organizing, monitoring the project work, and ensuring customer satisfaction with the product. For all these tasks they need a workforce that they can reach at any moment to brief the updates of their project. The current pandemic situation has made all the workforce to work remotely.
This has made the work of Project managers slightly tough as they had to conduct remote meetings frequently. With too many meetings a day, it’s hard to manage teams, and live up to the expectations of clients.
I’ve recently started using [URL="https://bit.ly/2BjHrTL"]Marsview Notes[/URL] – Meeting Assistant, which has put most of my remote-communication work at ease.
Essentially what it does is it automatically takes notes while we are on a meeting and post-meeting creates important highlights and summary in addition to action items that can be simply assigned to remote teams.
• It has helped me to gather knowledge from my product planning meetings.
• Document important engineering discussions
• Record and store information for compliance purpose