Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Earned Value Survey

We all love control, planning and a good management. One way to control costs and forecast issues, is by using Earned Value Analysis. It allows us to estimate required budgets and shows actual costs.

But as we all know, there's much which doesn't go as planned. EVA can be a difficulty if stakeholders and financial departments doesn't understand the method. Why pay more when you once before already received a price?

Have you had any experience with EVA then do kindly fill in this survey. It'll be the main source for my project.

[URL="http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/335879/Earned-Value-Research"]Earned Value Survey[/URL]

It's possible that two surveys regarding EVM and EVMS will be made in a weeks time, if I receive enough replies at this one.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Forum Newbie

Don't get scared by the introduction, I noticed that there was two who had abandoned the survey.

I'll use the replies in an article. When larger corporations participate then they prefer that rules are clear. They w ant to know what happens with the information, as well of that the participant must be aware of any collected information.

To avoid of any troubles occur I covered it all with if you fill in the survey then your answers will be used in an article. Personal information will never be used unless you say so yourself at the Feedback field.

If there's any trouble with filling in the survey ten let me know. If needed then I can send a link for editing of your replies.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Forum Newbie

You're allowed to answer even if you aren't fully experienced about Earned Value.

Another survey is posted regarding Project Management Offices. This one doesn't require that much information about Earned Value. For Earned Value Analysis to work, you'll often need templates, experience, the process and tools. Of course you can work without an PMO but it'll be way easier.

So if an corporation got a a bad PMO or isn't as it developed that it should be, then Earned Value is not going to solve the former issues. Adding chaos to what already is classified as horrible wouldn't improve the situation.

Link:
[URL="http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/341200/Earned-Value-Research-Part-2"]http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/341200/Earned-Value-Research-Part-2[/URL]

I'm always neutral in with my opinion and when comparing someone's view against mine then I do of course not thrash it. I make a statement and use the reply/answer to prove or show flaws. Many seems to "abandon" the survey, meaning never submitting. Let me know if something needs to be improved or if there's an issue and I'll sort it out.

Last edited by EVProject; 07-31-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Forum Newbie

Now for an Update. It's time again.

We all love and dream about the flawless path, the one without trouble and issues appearing out of nowhere. Well, it's a reason why we call it dream. Project managers face several issues and far more than they often plan for. One of the issues cover economy, a taboo word for many.

The Survey have been updated there's new questions regarding PMO and EVMS. Two unnecessary ones are removed. Check it out.

Feeling smart enough? Then reply and let me know if you would want the result once it's done.

I have recently added a twitter account for that purpose, you'll find it on the survey.