Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Scheduling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Post Useful Techniques to Fine-Tune Your Project Schedule

Do you have a staff sitting idly in the midst of the other busy ones? This situation tells you that your project schedule might need fine-tuning.

One of the most common problems that project managers weep about is “unrealistic timelines,” a common consequence of clients having set their expectations too high even before the project starts. Ironically, there are occurrences in the duration of a project when a staff is sitting idly, waiting for a colleague to finish so he can start his own task. In this situation, does the project manager shout foul and blame other people? Chances are, as a project manager, he needs to give the project schedule a second look.

And when he does, what does he look at?

The basic foundation of managing a project is creating an efficient and realistic project schedule. During project planning, the PM is given the chance to give it some fine-tuning. This is the best time for him to be creative as he identifies the best strategy in completing the project. Given that most projects do not have the luxury of time, the project manager’s objective is to create the shortest schedule possible without sacrificing its scope and quality.

Read here about the most useful techniques to fine-tune your project schedule: [url]http://www.executivebrief.com/article/useful-techniques-in-fine-tuning-your-project-schedule[/url].
Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Forum Newbie

Very helpful...

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Forum Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to pervaiz iqbal Send a message via Skype™ to pervaiz iqbal
this is good

can u tell me about critical path and longest path??
Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Project Hobbyist

A lot of good point come up. I think that the one downfall that PM have is that they don't know how to react to failure or not being as productive as they would like.

How I Success In The PMP Certification!
Easy and Cost Less Than $100
[url]http://www.pmguide.net/Recommended/F4/PMPrepcast.php[/url]