Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Planning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Forum Newbie

A study on project planning

Dear members,

I am seeking some advice from experts on project management/project planning.
Although I am not working in this area, I am currently conducting a scientific study related to project planning. It aims to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan development process as determined by the project development team's characteristics and team interaction processes. My participants will have to solve a case study related to an organizational process improvement need and based on the determined needs suggest improvements. These improvements they will implement into the project plan, which consists of activities, time frames, resources, costs, risks, quality and communication/plan dissemination. Each team will work on this for about an hour or so, so it is just a brief plan purely for study purposes.
Now I'd like to determine what are the most important elements in the plan that they should be focusing on, which are critical for the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the advanced plan. I've read some of the project management literature to get the gist of the domain and so far I understand that scope definition, activity duration, risk assessment and cost estimating are the central elements that influence planning success. Would you consider other elements as important or what in your opinion as practitioners is the central piece for project planning?

Thanks and I hope you can provide some insights!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Project Hobbyist

The basic need for project planning is the sub dividing of tasks, prioritizing them, allocating time. Apart from those there are some other related stuffs as well which keeps importance. Basically the usage of a software or app will have more understandable approach to visualize the project plan.
The major tools which sets a business alright are the [URL="http://www.replicon.com/olp/task-management-software.aspx"]Task Management Software[/URL], [URL="http://www.replicon.com/olp/expense-reports.aspx"]online expense reporting software[/URL] and [URL="http://www.replicon.com/olp/hours-tracking-software.aspx"]employee hours tracking software[/URL]