Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Planning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Project charter diagrams

All,

I am wondering what if any diagrams should be included in a project charter. We have a standard template which has a section for "IMPLEMENTATION APPROACH AND METHODOLOGY" and looking at other documents they usually have a flow diagram here. However, the project I am working on is mainly front end styling changes related. So I do not really have much flow changes.

I put a Use Case Diagram here to show how it impacts future changes by centralizing the changes in 1 app, so they will get rolled out to several apps. I wonder if a Charter should have Use case diagrams? Is it more relevent to a Requirements document?

I am also wondering what diagrams poeple use in their requirements document, is it ok to jsut stop at Use Case? What about sequence diagrams? I was a developer and fear that I may appear like I am injecting a technical outlook into stakeholder documents.

Any thoughts, much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
Megha.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Forum Newbie

I would think that a 'project charter' would include information about the aims, visions, goals and objectives of the project, not a project plan, use case or diagram.
If it were me, I would only go as far as a very high level flow chart and make reference to the overall project plan