Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Estimating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Jashandeep_biz
What are the basic management skill a developer should have?

Hi !

I would like to ask from all that what are the basic management skills a developer should have to make his/her career bright.I would also like to ask all how can a developer finish his/her work before the deadline given by the boss.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Forum Newbie

StarPMO is Providing very good PMP Certification Training in all locations of india and Abroad visit [url]www.starpmo.com[/url]. Their faculty are well qualified and has lot of industry experience with them. they offer

PMP certification training in very low cost. they provide quality education so that you can pass the examination.

For more information log on to [url]www.starpmo.com/forum[/url]
And post your queries which will be answered immediately

Regards
John
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Forum Newbie

Quote from Jashandeep_biz View Post:
Hi !

I would like to ask from all that what are the basic management skills a developer should have to make his/her career bright.I would also like to ask all how can a developer finish his/her work before the deadline given by the boss.
Please ignore Johnlucy's reply above. It is obviously a profile set up entirely to promote StarPMO - he also send me a private message with exactly the same contents.

To your question about being a good manager:

There is no easy answer - it all depends on the context. In some settings being extremely efficient when it comes to managing time and organising ressources will be the main skillset for a manager, but in my experience good people skills are often more important.

What do I mean when I say good people skills? Well, that also covers a lot of ground, but one of the most important things in my experience is to be very clear about what you can do for others and what you expect them to do for you, and second: you must always "walk the talk".

I believe the best way to learn management is by experience, but understanding how organizations work (studying organizational behaviour, culture, change management, sociology etc.) certainly helps explain why people not always react in the manner you expect them to and will aid you in avoiding major pitfalls.

You may learn from the experience of others, but try to remember that a big part of their success most likely comes down to a lot of luck and coincidence and any prescriptive model they may provide you with - supplying steps on how to repeat their success - is most likely to be flawed, simply because you are very unlikely to be operating under the same conditions as them.
Old 03-01-2024, 02:48 AM
Project Hobbyist

What are the basic management skill a developer should have?

I think understanding both the technical and managerial aspects is crucial for developers. Basic management skills include effective communication, time management, and teamwork. To meet deadlines, developers can utilize tools for task tracking, prioritize tasks, break down projects into manageable steps, and communicate proactively with the team and superiors. These skills contribute to a successful and bright career in the dynamic field of software development.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:52 AM
Project Hobbyist

Basic Management Skill A Developer Should Have..

Hi there! As a developer, mastering time management, communication, and problem-solving skills are crucial. Setting realistic goals, breaking tasks into smaller chunks, and prioritizing effectively can help meet deadlines. Additionally, maintaining open communication with your team and seeking feedback can streamline the workflow. Continuous learning and staying updated with industry trends also contribute to a successful career path. Good luck!"