Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > PMKB Community > Careers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Project Management Certs

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have about 7-8 years of project management experience. I have a bachelors in business and am currently enrolled in a MBA program as well. I have begun researching the different PM certifications and from what I have gathered I believe the best one to get is the PMP. I don't know if this is correct or if I should focus my efforts on getting a green or black belt, scrum, PMI, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also curious if the programs that you can purchase on the internet include the exam or just prep work. Any feedback on your past or current experience would be very helpful. I look forward to reading your responses.

Thanks,

Johnny
Old 05-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Forum Newbie

Hi Johnny,

There are a few options open to you. PMP is quite a significant time investment and requires you to have quite a bit of PM experience under your belt (which it sounds like you have)... but more importantly - what are you trying to achieve from it? Are you looking for it to open some doors for future job prospects? Do you want it to attract clients? if so what kind of market are you targeting? what kind of methodologies are common in your area (Agile, Prince2, PMBOK?)

A few notes here:
[url]http://pmcertifications.net/pm-certification-overview/[/url]
Old 08-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Agree with Vadz it depends on your style of project management. If you are managing App Dev projects I would recommend SCRUM or some sort of Agile certifications.