Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > PMKB Community > Careers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2015, 12:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Junior Project Analyst?

I recently applied for a Junior Project Analyst position at a company near me. I will be finishing my B.S. in Technical Management at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in May of 2015. My major is in Project Management and Minor is in Business Admin.

My question is, will this position give me the skills and experience i need to eventually squeeze into a project management position? I know that the roles and responsibilities can vary from organization to organization. However, for obvious reasons I do not wish to post a link to the actual job posting.

I have pulled the duties and responsibilities section of the job listing to give some insight.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES

Troubleshoot issues and solve them
Install patches on customer systems
Complete report modifications
Communicate with customers and Project Leads while they have open issues
Receive requests from Project Leads and Customers and ensure you have a good understanding of the issue so you can complete the tasks
Enter tasks in JIRA, categorize them, and keep track of progress
Identify software bugs discovered
Other duties as assigned

So, obviously I will be working with project leads which i can leech experience/knowledge from but are there other tasks that a project analyst does that will be relate able experience when i eventually get enough experience to try for a PM position?

I have tried to use Google to find some information but when i Google "Project Analyst" nothing but a simple description of the job title appears. All of the other links read project managers, business analysts, financial analysts etc...

Any knowledge or experience on this would be of the greatest help and insight to me. Thank you in advance for your time responding to my thread.

-Josh
Old 08-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Forum Newbie

This article might be of some help to you

http://www.businessanalystjobs.co.uk...siness-Analyst