Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > PMKB Community > Careers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Forum Newbie

Can anyone recommend some good factors on standing leadership qualities?

I am working as a team leader in an organization and prefer an efficient working skill in my work. I am here to ask you people that can anyone recommend me some good factors for improving or modifying my leadership qualities.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Forum Newbie

Re : Can anyone recommend some good factors on standing leadership qualities?

I have also gone through the same issue at the time I used to feel that I should make my leading skills more efficient but I not found any then one of my friends told me about an online service [url=http://www.askdatabase.com/gt/askgt3.php?a=43363&t=3] http://www.askdatabase.com/gt/askgt3.php?a=43363&t=3 [/url]. It really helped me lot to update my leadership skills. I will recommend you to browse the mentioned link so as to go ahead with your leading qualities.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Hello friend,
Leadership skill is a very basic business skill...I faced some problems regarding guiding my team so one of my friend suggested some leadership and [URL="http://www.jimclemmer.com/"]Business Management Books[/URL] which helped me a lot.
I got some good tips and ideas related to the business management, leadership and management skills.So if you want you can also go through it may be you will get what you want.

Regards,
Nelson

Last edited by nelsonclassic; 11-12-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Forum Newbie

A few skills

1. Communication - you can develop this by practicing your speaking ability (is it clear and do you use good diction) if you cannot speak well with others there is a problem with the communication being effective.

2. Interpersonal - can you relate to people and can you understand their needs when you are communicating with them. This skill can be developed through listening and showing that you are listening by body language.

3. Effective Persuasion - can you get people who do not "see it your way" on your side. You can develope this skill by using the above skills and by looking at proper negotiation and persuasion approaches.

Hope this helps, there are many more skills and qualities in an effective leader but these are a few to get you started.

Wade Stoddard