Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Peer Support > Primavera Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Forum Newbie

update p3 schedule

Hi every body

I am new planner and I want to ask a question about primavera if any one have answer please advice me.

The question is when I want to update p3 some activity actually not started as in target plan so I have to change both start and finish. how can I make this revise because when I change it manually the od ( original duration) changes automatically and I don’t want to change OD . The question simply how I can update schedule using primavera p3. Please if any planner have detailed answer just tell me I really appreciate that.

I am so happy to be here
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Are you using retained logic?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Forum Newbie

thanks and i need clarification

sorry i dont understand you what you means by retained logic . i am new primavera user

thanks and best regards
Alaa Alhaj
Old 06-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Administrator

[url=http://www.pmicos.org/topics/aug2003.asp]retained logic vs. progress override[/url]
Old 09-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Quote from alaaalhaj View Post:
Hi every body

I am new planner and I want to ask a question about primavera if any one have answer please advice me.

The question is when I want to update p3 some activity actually not started as in target plan so I have to change both start and finish. how can I make this revise because when I change it manually the od ( original duration) changes automatically and I don’t want to change OD . The question simply how I can update schedule using primavera p3. Please if any planner have detailed answer just tell me I really appreciate that.

I am so happy to be here
... Don't update your target... It's fixed in time. It's a target. You can't hit a moving target....

... You never change the start or finish of a task unless it's started and/or finished actually. You can change the remaining (or original) durations of the task or its predecessors so as to move the start or finish date (after you reschedule [F9]), but the whole concept of a scheduling program is that you tell it what and how long, it tells you when.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you very much
Mr jim Shaffer

Best Regards
ALAA ALHAJ
Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Forum Newbie

hi every body.

vI am very new to use Primavera. We are using P3 for scheduling. I have been given a work to update the project after making Target2 (baseline2) because the Target1 already exists. I want to then update plan and compare it with the baseline. What necessary reference document I will be needed to update my plan and to know about the actual progress. What will be the steps to complete this update? What reports I have to check after updating the plan and how I can get these reports.
Manually I am updating activity actual start and planned date and percentage by using the activity form. And then I schedule it. Should I add some columns in the current plan for target 1 and 2 to compare? In short I want to know the procedure.

Best Regards
M. Usman
Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Project Hobbyist

Send a message via Yahoo to cdevera
alaaalhaj

From my experience you should never update the Target plan manually coz there is a big chance of error in doing this, if you decide to do this then you have to be more cautious. One thing you can do is to export the Base cuve into excel (weekly or monthly), then this becomes your planned percentage to compare with your actual.

Hope this helps..