project manager interview.please help me!
The main purpose of this is for students to gain more insight into what project managers really do, what challenges they face, what lessons they've learned, what concepts/tools you're learning about that they really use, and what suggestions they have for you and other students as future team members and project managers. To this end, here are a few questions.
1. How did you get into project management?
2. If you had to rate the job of project manager on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, how would you rate it?
3. Briefly explain the reason for your rating. What do you enjoy most and what do you like least about being a project manager?
4. Did you have any training or special talents or experiences that qualified you to be a project manager?
5. What do you feel is the most important thing you do as a project manager? On what task do you spend the most time each day?
6. What is a “project milestone”?
7. Kindly give an example of your leadership involvement where teamwork played an important role.
8. What are some of the positive and negative risks you’ve encountered on projects? Please describe any notable successes and failures and what you’ve learned from them.
9. What are some of the tools, software or otherwise, that you use, and what is your opinion of those tools?
10. You are going to be the project manager for a web-based application, which is targeted towards Insurance. Your gut feeling is that it would take 5 resources and 8 months to deliver this application.
• What kind of resources you will hire for this project?
• If you are asked to deliver the project in 6 months. Can you accelerate the development and deliver it in 6 months? What will be your approach?
11. What are some steps a project manager can take to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a team? How does a new project manager gain the respect and loyalty of team members? Can you share any examples of situations you faced related to this topic?
12. Name five signs that indicate your project may fail.
13. What metrics would you expect to use to determine the on-going success of your project?
14. What type of performance problems have you encountered in people who report to you, and how did you motivate them to improve?
15. Your three month project is about to exceed the projected budget after the first month. What steps will you take to address the potential cost overrun?
16. Give me an example of a stressful situation you have been in. How well did you handle it? If you had to do it over again, would you do it differently? How do you deal with stress, pressure, and unreasonable demands?
17. What suggestions do you have for working with sponsors and senior managers? Can you share any examples of situations you faced related to this topic?
18. Do you have any suggestions for future project managers, such as any specific preparations they should make, skills they should learn, etc?
Place of Employment as a project manager:
please help me about this. kindly send our answers to my email firstname.lastname@example.org tnx!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Projity offers free OpenProj replacement for Microsoft Project||pmkb||Other Tools||2||07-16-2008 10:43 PM|
|UC Irvine Extension Host First Project Management Education Planning Webinar||Jen Echo||Planning||0||08-25-2006 11:06 AM|
|Project Management and Leadership||sas2006||Project Management||2||04-19-2006 08:46 AM|
|HIRING: IT project manager in Des Moines, IA||Denis_Potapenko||Job Market||0||03-16-2006 11:01 AM|