Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Forum Newbie

I passed the PMP Exam 5 hours ago

As soon as I came out of the test center with 'Congratulation - you passed' form; I called my Wife, my biggest supporter.

Then I am here wanting to thank all of you for your prayers (we've been praying for each other)

I passed the PMP 5 hours ago. I've prepared for the PMP exam for almost 4 months. PMKB thank you. I have gotten lots of useful resources from this community as a silent lurker. I passed at the first attempt!

Here is how I passed it:

PMKB- you guys! everyday I would read discussions and pick recommendations...My sincere thanks to this forum for helping me

Studied PMPBok - 3 times
After completing three rounds reading of the PMPBOK guide, started reading Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep. I find Rita's book not reader-friendly and requires “excessive” time and effort...

Started solving chapter wise exercises on Rita and Andy Crowe. I understand memorizing ITTO would not help. Crowe was highly recommended and as I discovered, rightfully so. It has a companion website that was useful.

PMChamp.com - I went through pmchamp's intensive online pmp training...it's an effective learning process for me, all the knowledge areas were well explained...I can thoroughly recommend this coaching program by Vinai...the tricks gave me the "confidence" to go for the real test

Studied HeadFirst - 3 Times...head first lab test will help you understand the process sequence as applied in project scenarios...watch out for those choices that really sound right/practical

If a chapter/topic is very new to you, use HeadFirst, then follow it up with Rita.
HeadFirst makes it easy, while Rita is very detailed to the point. PMChamp training is like Headfirst meets Rita.

Pmzilla Final PMP Exam (200 tough questions) - finally day before the exam I attempted mock exam of pmzilla's 200 questions ... indeed very helpful! and tougher than the actual exam...hehe

Took the PMP Exam (sat there for 4 hours without break). In the exam itself, I marked any questions i was unsure of or any involving formula calculations. As others have said, don't forget to review the code of ethics and conduct from the PMI website and know your formulas.

About exam: Not easy; Not too tough; Not wordy.
The real exam are totally different than any of the questions that you see from other sources. At least they are not identical. However, the ideas are the same. I would suggest you to understand the rationale of the questions in preparation for question variances. I did not memorise the ITTOs, but I think I could have got two more questions right because of that.

It's a great joy to share the news of gaining my PMP certification

I thank my wife and my kids for supporting and adjusting with me for the past few months.

Best Wishes for all PMP aspirants.
party party!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Project Hobbyist

that is a valuable Study Plan