Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Forum Newbie

Smile Dissertation Topic Help

Hello everyone!

I am looking for any ideas on a dissertation topic related to Project Management. Please give me some ideas?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Well, you are going to need to find a topic that interests you, but for my part, I would be interested in seeing someone explore in depth the use of critical path schedules in portfolio management systems. It seems to me that trying to balance resources across multiple projects/schedules violates one of the tenets of critical path scheduling (that there is a dedicated resource pool). I don't see how anyone can rely on critical path schedules when portfolio management systems are used basically as human resource management systems and individuals can really bounce around from one project to another at their whim.

Do you have experience using project management software? Write a review!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!