Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Project Hobbyist

Default For Beginners: Tips and Resources to Help You Pass the PMP Exam

A good compilation prepared by PMCham at Squidoo

Tips and Resources to Help You Pass the PMP Exam
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Forum Newbie

Default Need suggestions

Hi everybody!

I'm really glad to find this forum, and many of the links and discussions have already proved helpful.

I need some advice. I've worked as a project manager for a US Government agency for about 10 years. My projects have largely been successful, but our project management processes are totally seat of the pants. We do not follow the PMBOK -- we are truly an immature project office, and that's putting it mildly.

Anyway, I want to become PMP certified, and reading the PMBOK makes my hands sweat -- it is totally unreadable to me, so I can't really use the PMBOK as a learning tool.

Here's my question: Bryant University offers a six week, 36 hour course on project management, as well as a prep test session. Do you guys think taking this type of of course would assist me in learning formal project management, and would it be sufficient to pass the PMP test?

Thanks for your advice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!