Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Scheduling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Forum Newbie

Thumbs up Resource Planning & Scheduling Software

Hi,

We have a project which is handled by a construction company. Most of the times there are issues related to availability and booking of resources, due to this our project gets delayed. Can someone provide me a solution such as software tool or an online application.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Forum Newbie

Default Orchestrate from Production Modelling

Hi,

Orchestrate production scheduling software from Production Modelling, allows the scheduling of resources on an intuative Gantt Chart.

Please visit out web site through the link below and download a free evaluation version.

Production Planning
Best regards,

Production Modelling
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiNetscape this post!Stumble this Post!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Forum Newbie

Quote from Production Modelling View Post:
Hi,

Orchestrate production scheduling software from Production Modelling, allows the scheduling of resources on an intuative Gantt Chart.

Please visit out web site through the link below and download a free evaluation version.

Production Planning
Best regards,

Production Modelling
Hi There,

I visited the link and though to give you a reply. Can you brief me about the features and price slabs of the product.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Forum Newbie

Quote from nancycahille View Post:
Hi,

We have a project which is handled by a construction company. Most of the times there are issues related to availability and booking of resources, due to this our project gets delayed. Can someone provide me a solution such as software tool or an online application.
You can visit www.babker.com . I can skype to walk you throught the functions. Oz.Babker is my screen name . It is a free Beta. or contact me [PM for email address]

Have you defined the areas where the communications fail? I say this because we still need to see if this adapts to your needs.

Last edited by pmkb; 05-21-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: remove email address per forum guidelines
Old 06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Quote from BabkerOwl View Post:
You can visit www.babker.com . I can skype to walk you throught the functions. Oz.Babker is my screen name . It is a free Beta. or contact me [PM for email address]

Have you defined the areas where the communications fail? I say this because we still need to see if this adapts to your needs.
Communication gap arises between resources and managers. If both of them stay in touch by any fast means of communication it would surely be good to convey the an updated information.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Default www.babker.com

We do have new updates into it. It would be pretty incredible to grasp how Babker could be modified for materials planning. Do you manage a value stream map?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Forum Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote from nancycahille View Post:
Hi,

Hi Nancy,

I think you didn't quoted your requirements properly. Can you brief me about your requirements.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 AM
Forum Newbie

There are lot of companies providing software on rent as well and also giving away software of resource planning and scheduling. I have seen a company "solufy" which is providing best services you can google this and will find their excellent customer support for your problem's solution.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Default Resource Planning and Scheduling Software

Hey David,

Requirements are as follows:

1. Efficient in providing reports on hours consumed by resources and their availability.
2. Detailed report on revenues generated by the resources.
3. Resource overloading popup or message.

Please help me with something as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Forum Newbie

Default Resource Planning & Scheduling Software

Hey Nancy,

I have been using eResource Scheduler and i recommend it to most of the users here. That one thing i like about the software is the ease in making the booking you just have to drag and drop the booking in front of the resource and it will be booked. The software is not complicated that means you can devote the time you save in staff scheduling in doing other productive things.

Along with it the software also has niche detailed reporting featuring that will give you a clear insight on financial, forecasting and utilization aspects of staff scheduling. You can log on to their website for more details and get a feel of the software yourself as an obligation free trial.
http://www.eresourcescheduler.com/

Tags
planning, resource, scheduling, software