Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > Project Management Knowledge Base > Scheduling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Forum Newbie

Unhappy Error Message Opening PRX file

I am an experienced P3 user with a new problem: I cannot open a P3 ver. 3.1 file that has been backed up as a PRX file. The file extracts correctly, but Primavera cannot "see" the files in the directory and so cannot open it. When I try to Restore the file through the P3 Utilities menu, I get an error message: PRBACKUP caused a General Protection Fault in module PRBACKUP.EXE at 0004:7466. The person who created the PRX file has no trouble opening it and has redone the backup process 3 times at my request. He also emailed the individual files, instead of the compressed PRX. I got the same result: Primavera cannot "see" the files in the directory. Also, I expected to receive 26 files, but there were only 23: The PBACKUP.LOG, PBACKUP.50 and USERS50.P3 were missing. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how I can open this file?
thank you.