Project Management Knowledge Base

Go Back   Project Management Knowledge Base > PMKB Community > Careers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Forum Newbie

How My Career Accelerated after PMP Certification

Before I even became aware of the PMP Certification for Project Managers, Yosemite Mountain I was an active and busy Project Manager for many years. Naturally, I thought I knew it all when it came to managing projects. After all, who can be a better teacher than “real time project management experience” of many years.

Boy… I was in for a BIG Surprise!

When I attended the first PMP class, I realised how vast the Project Management Body of Knowledge was… how much formal thought was given to each of the 9 Knowledge Areas, and the 5 process Groups. Back then, there were 44 processes in the PMI Framework…

And although I was extremely proficient in handling contracts, having negotiated some very large multi-million dollar contracts that covered over 200 contract staff at our project site, I had not known certain types of contracts altogether.

The area of formal Risk Management was completely new to me. And being a “non-medical” or Science student in my college years, I was completely new to Human Resource Management theories – what motivates people, how to inspire people, and how to resolve conflicts etc. Just by becoming aware about so many topics made me realise how little did I know about Project Management.

Continue Reading

[URL="http://www.pmchamp.com/how-my-career-accelerated-after-pmp-certification/"]How My Career Accelerated after PMP Certification[/URL]
Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Jashandeep_biz
When i read your post i come to know about the value of PMP Certification certification.Thanks to share such a nice post.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:24 AM
Forum Newbie

How My Career Accelerated after PMP Certification

What a fantastic site and so many helpful suggestions! .its very help full thank u very much for the sharing the information's its too good....

[URL="http://www.thefortramgarh.com"]Budget Hotels in India[/URL]